Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Prayers

As you may or may not know, Jon Paul was diognosed with melanoma (skin cancer) when he was 18. Doctors removed it all then, but he just went in today for a check up and the doc found 2 more spots. She removed them, but if the biopsy shows they are cancerous, he will have to go in for more tests to see if it has spread.

Please join me in prayer - that these spots are not cancerous first and foremost - but if they are that they don't spread to other parts of his body...

We are pretty optimistic since he has no symptoms of it spreading, but are anxious to hear the news for sure.

Thanks foryour prayers!

Oh, and to answer questions about my heart... it's still beating (praise God!) The doc put me on meds for it, but they seem to have given me some side effects (light headedness, sore throats, itchy skin ALL over - which I still have - etc)... and has decided to take me off of it. Luckily, since I've been off, they haven't returned too bad, so yeah. They [the palpitations] are not life threatening or anything, just uncomfortable at times and can cause unneeded worry if I let them. Hopefully my itchy skin will go away SOON, otherwise the skin itself will be gone due to the itching (I'm trying SO HARD no to scratch)!

3 comments:

Nicole Bradica said...

Definitely prayers for both of these intentions.

T & K said...

Medical issues can be so unsettling. The only thing that keeps us from going insane with worry is to know whose hands all our problems are in. I will keep you both in my prayers. Keep us updated.

Anonymous said...

Oy!
I will certainly pray for these intentions. And that the Biggest Loser challenge goes well for everyone!
Hey, i think we should hang out in real life sometime. Blogs are great and all, but not the same. Kind of, what do you call it, virtualish?
love you and honkies!
E