Friday, July 25, 2008

Calm before the Storm.

So, this weekend, Jon Paul and I scheduled a weekend at my family's cottage on Little Platte Lake in Honor, Michigan . This place is known for it's fresh air and ability to convince you to take multiple naps a day - whether on the couch or hamock.

We call this the calm before the storm because both of us have a tremendous amount of stuff to do before our trip TWO WEEKS from when we get back... then we'll be gone for two weeks (a crazy vacation with little/no "rest" that is typically associated with vacation) then we anticipate spending the next two weeks catching up... so, this little weekend is the relaxing we need to get us through the next few weeks.

I've told many friends about this place, so I've added some pictures and video of our day so far so you could get an idea of what it's like up here:

The back of the cottage

Jon Paul napping :)

Pouncy sleeping on my legs while "reading a book" in the hamock


Taking a ride in the boat

Well, we're getting ready to go get some of the best ice cream in the united states, so, I'll add the video when I get back :)

No comments: