Wednesday, July 16, 2008

WOW at Walmart!



Notice: There are 38 items presented from this purchase.

After $7 in coupons and tax, I only spent $17.05!
Starting at the top of the picture:
3 plastic folders for $.88 each (normally close to $2)
12 college ruled, 70 page spiral bound notebooks $.05 each
2 packs of Schick disposable razors $1.97 per pack, had a BOGO coupon, so both for $1.97
Rose Art colored pencils $.60
Crayola 10 pack markers $.88
Crayola 24 count crayon $.22 each
Planters Peanuts $2.67 combined with 3 x $.18 Kool-aid MINUS $3.00 coupon for buy 3 Kraft items get $3.00 off a planters peanut item (so, $.21 for all 4 items)
Gold bond powder $.99, had a coupon for $1.00 off, so paid $0 and got a penny back :)
2 travel bottles $.50 each
Wedding confetti (I put it in Wedding cards) on clearance for $1.50
Pretty candles (okay, spontaneous buy) $.50
Clearance Necklace I've had my eye on for a couple of weeks now rang in with the biggest purchase of the day at $3.00
Papermate pens $.50 each
Bic Pens $.88 each, with a coupon for $1 off 2, so $.38 each

Total Estimated savings of 72% if I had paid full price for the above items!

So, I was able to stock up on some supplies for school (Jon Paul uses the notebooks for his classes) and our travels and got a snack on the side :).

I have to admit, I did not come up with all these ideas. Many of the coupon help came from Money Saving Mom an AWESOME resource for anyone looking to save a buck. I have also added some other sites I use on the left that help with coupons and it cuts down on the time because they tell you where the coupons are. I'm addicted!

No comments: