Saturday, June 28, 2008

Who knew?

Who knew that this girl I met when I was 12 would be so famous and cool? Not only that, but I'm going to her wedding! Well, 14 years ago, Anna and I did and "interchange" with an organization called CISV (Children's International Summer Village)... 10 kids from Miami County and 10 kids from the Malmo,Sweden area were linked up for two summers. The first summer (1994), Anna and the rest of her gang came to the US and stayed with their host families for a month. The following summer (1995) the 10 of us traveled to Sweden to stay with our host families (ie - I stayed with Anna and her fam). It was an amazing experience that I will cherish forever! Anna and I have kept in contact ever since - actually seeing each other about 4-5 times since 1995 (always in the US)...
For the first time, my parents will meet her parents - and not only that - but on HER turf! My brother will meet her brother. My brother's fiance will meet her brother's girlfriend. Our families will finally meet!
Anna and Jimmy are aerialists who just ended a contract with Royal Carribean as featured "dancers" (it's so much more than that)... Check out Jimmy and Anna's professional website for video and pictures of what these two incredibly talented people do.

I am proud of all my friends for various reasons. God has really put some incredibly amazing people in my life. These just happen to get the feature today. Check them out! I'm sure you will be amazed!

That, my friends, is why I am SO excited about going to Europe in (check the coundown) days!

2 comments:

T & K said...

Hi Jen! Your friends are so amazing! We saw two aerialists on our ship - it was just phenomenal to see! Are they marrying eachother? I'm so excited for you and your trip. Do not be shocked if you open your suitcase in Europe and I have stowed myself away in there :) While I agree that summer is a time to get things done, do not forget to also take time to rejuvinate yourself for the next school year!

JRH said...

Thanks :)
Yes, they are marrying each other, isn't that great? I would be DELIGHTED if I opened my bag and saw you in there! It would make my day!

I am trying to remind myself that I really do need some R&R, especially when I think about what next year will be like (28 kindergarten kids in ONE room!) ahhh!