Sunday, August 05, 2007

Epiphany of Goodness

Once in a while I realize how good my life is. I don't know why it's only once in a while... it should be all the time... but when I do have this epiphany of goodness, it's quite large and brings tears to my eyes.

Today was one of those days.

I was just sitting here, doing the web thing... and it hit me. Wow.. I have a great life.

I am blessed with an awesome husband, the cutest dog in the world, a house that most people my age would be so grateful to own, a job that I believe I make a difference doing, a supportive and caring family, friends that I am clueless why they stick by my side because, Lord, my IQ is like the square root of theirs... and most of all... God loves me despite the distorted mirror I am of him.

Perhaps I should be appreciating my life more... but I thank goodness that I do at least sit and ponder about the good things in life once in a while.

3 comments:

Nicole Bradica said...

I love you, JRH!!!!

JRH said...

Why, thank you!

E said...

Jen,
Can you email to me the ordination schedule that Br N has on facebook?
Are you and JP driving over with us?
Should i keep my hotel reservations, or are there plans at your aunt's house?
So many questions!! So much excitement!!
E