Friday, November 28, 2008

Rome Day 4

Sorry that it has taken so much time to continue to post on the trip. Sometimes it takes being away from home and just having a nice relaxing holiday weekend to get things like this done!

First stop was St. Paul Outside the Wall Basilica... this was an AWESOME experience! First of all, since it is the year of St. Paul, going to the church in his name was such a great pilgrimage. I also had the opportunity to go to confession there and the priest told me a lot of things I needed to hear and also that I needed to live life as a Child of God! hah!

We also had the priveledge of walking in through the Pauline Doors which I think were a special addition for his year. We walked OUT the Jubilee Doors which are only usually opened every 25 years... yeah plenary indulgence!

Next stop was the colosseum... we never got to go inside last time, so we made sure to go in. Thanks to Rick Steves for providing the free audio guide and my friend Amy for showing me the link on the internet!


Next we took the metro over to the Vatican Museum primarily to see the Sistine Chapel... which disappointed the group because of how far you have to walk at a FAST pace to get to the chapel... then once there, you can't enjoy it because there are so many people in there.

Finally, we ate some gelato from Old Bridge... it was delicious and we were ready for the cool treat and an opportunity to sit! Our feet were killing us by this time!

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog! It's nice to have readers, even if I don't update that often. Life has been such a whirl the past 15 or so weeks (since school started).
Anyways, I left you an award on my blog. You can ignore it if you want. My Mom gave me the award, so I decided to play along!